Interiors And Renovations
Norman S. Wright provides equipment options that accommodate the vast range of appearance, performance, and energy requirements. In addition to a complete line of Variable Air Volume (VAV) system components, interior and renovation product lines include: displacement ventilation, under-floor air distribution, and variable refrigerant flow split systems.
555 CALIFORNIA STREET, CLASS-A OFFICE TENANT IMPROVEMENT PROJECT
- San Francisco, California
- Historic landmark (Bank of America Building)
- Tenant compliance with base building standards
- 60,000 square feet (two floors)
- Exacting architectural requirements
This prestigious money management company hired one of San Francisco’s preeminent architectural firms to design an elegant work environment with premium comfort features. The renovation required a major system upgrade to provide individual temperature control. Norman S. Wright helped to put 21st-century HVAC performance to work in this 1960s architectural landmark.
The tenant and architect imposed strict guidelines about the look and feel of the final space. No visible or audible presence of the HVAC system was allowed. With a base building system constructed in 1969, the seamless integration of the new with the old was vital.
Meeting all architectural, mechanical, and electrical requirements, the final system included thermally-operated air diffusers, water-source heat pumps, and Computer Room Air Conditioning (CRAC) units. Norman S. Wright coordinated with the project’s design and construction teams, offered guidance during product installation, and provided tenant training for optimal system performance.
- Achieved full Building Management System (BMS) integration
- Gave occupants’ individual control of office temperature
- Supported the quiet, elegant interior requirement with an unobtrusive HVAC system
- Thermally-operated air diffusers
- Water-source heat pumps
- CRAC units